Engine is looking for an execution-focused, multitasking, and analytical Facilities and Lab Support Assistant to support all aspects of our business to help us maximize our growth efforts.
This role will offer any candidate passionate about advancing their career in biotech the unique opportunity to both learn and address the breath of complexities in driving the transition of a high-performance research team into a world-class business organization.
Reporting directly to our Chief Operating Officer, and supporting our Biology and Chemistry group leaders, you will be responsible for maintaining the daily needs of the lab.
- Lab equipment onboarding and maintenance/troubleshooting/service requests by external vendors.
- Maintain stocks and placement of consumable inventory within labs.
- Gas tank installation/ordering/monitoring.
- Minor building installations.
- Assist in package receiving and coordinating incoming/outgoing shipments.
- Support chemists with chemical inventory.
- Assist Environmental Health & Safety Officer with lab safety programs.
- Collect and treat biohazardous waste for decontamination in autoclave (Hiyarama HiClave HVA 85 or similar).
- Collect, sterilize, and wash all new, dirty, or contaminated glassware with designated glass washer (Getinge 910xl or similar) and redistribute to lab areas.
- Lab waste disposal management.
General Administration Support
- Keep track of any critical mail, and communicate to management team accordingly.
- Support IT service provider and facility security.
- Support our existing lab procurement service provider and track inventory of our fixed assets (lab and office) and research materials.
- Procuring contractors or other service provider vendors contracts, and setup of new vendors with Finance team.
- Help keep track of property lease and company insurance requirements.
- Support team events/group meetings from time to time as needed.
- High School Degree, preferably an AA or Bsc in Biology.
- Experience in the Life Sciences/Biotech industry or worked in a BSL-2 Lab.
- Able to work independently and prioritise your time without much daily supervision to keep all parts of the lab running smoothly.
- Comfortable with solving problems, or communicating promptly to team members if help is required.
- Willing to contribute and build our team culture and processes.
- Skills in MS Excel, MS Word and other email/communication tools.