Location: Singapore, Biopolis area
Engine Biosciences is a venture-backed biotechnology company integrating experimental biology and data science to map and decipher complex biological networks for more effective and efficient drug discovery. Our mission is to discover and accelerate development of new therapies for complex diseases by leveraging our unique, and efficient discovery platform.
We are a fast-paced, innovative company, excited to have passionate talent join our team in Singapore. We offer excellent career growth opportunities, and a chance to work closely with experienced entrepreneurs and leading scientists from industry and top international institutions.
A positive can-do attitude, and willingness to work closely with an energetic, fun, and diverse team are important prerequisites.
The candidate will work as a member of the Target Discovery Group with a team of scientists in the development of next generation therapies. Typical projects will involve extensive hands-on work involving a range of molecular and cellular biology techniques. These can including using the company’s proprietary CombiGEM/ CRISPR molecular biology platform in human cell-lines.
The candidate must be able to work effectively within a team involving scientists, other research associates, collaborators, service providers and vendors, to take on the following tasks: –
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment, participate in management of supplies, and conduct general laboratory administration.
- Keep detailed logs of lab activities as hard copy and electronic lab notebooks.
- Conduct drug screening activities using cell-fee and cell-based assay systems.
- Perform genetic manipulation in mammalian cell lines using gene editing tools like CRISPR and RNAi technology.
- Charterization of cell phenotypes after genetic pertubations, using biochemical and cell-based assays, Western blots, qPCR and Next-generation sequencing (NGS).
- Investigation of pharmacodynamic changes in cells and tissues following drug exposure.
- Generate engineered Cas9 mammalian lines using flow cytometry and fluorescent activated cell sorting.
Education – Bachelor’s or Master’s in Life Sciences, Genetics, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Pharmaceutical engineering, or related fields.
Skills and Experience
- 1year experience in basic biochemical and molecular biology techniques, including primer design, PCR, cloning, nucleic acid isolation, and bacterial work is required.
- Basic tissue culture skills in handling mammalian cell lines is strongly desired.
- Prior experience in a commercial R&D laboratory environment is preferred.
The candidate must have demonstrated ability to:
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team in a dynamic environment.
- Follow and adhere to standard protocols established in the organization
- Prioritize responsibilities and multi-task, adhering to strict timelines
- Flexibility in adapting to changing timelines and project scope
- Maintain confidentiality and security of project information.
- Contribute to written reports, publications and/or patents.
In addition to above, the candidate should:
- Be self-motivated, willing to learn.
- Have excellent communication, documentation, and organization skills.
- Show ability to work independently at times to select and implement methods and techniques.