Scientific Data Curator
Engine Biosciences is a venture-backed biotechnology company discovering and developing novel therapeutics and precision medicines, utilizing a proprietary platform that integrates massively parallel biological experimentation with data science, machine learning and AI. Led by scientific experts from MIT, Harvard, Mayo Clinic and UCSD, and successful drug developers, informaticians, and company builders, Engine is working on multiple programs and therapeutic areas and growing rapidly across US and Asia.
The Scientific Data Curator will curate data and scientific literature for the utilization in Engine’s analytics platform that combines advanced system biology analytics with genomics data science and machine learning for accelerated drug discovery and biomarker identification. The curator will be also responsible for identifying the data needs of drug discovery scientist, computational biologists, and data scientists. The successful candidate will bring hands-on experience in data curation and peer-reviewed papers’ analysis in the domain of drug discovery and biomarkers identification across multiple therapeutic areas, biological pathways analysis and algorithms. As a Scientific Data Curator, you will collaborate globally with Engine’s teams and external partners in Asia, US and EU.
- MSc. in Molecular biology, Biotechnology or related field.
- Experience in data curation and scientific literature mining.
- Experience in scientific databases like NCBI PubMed, Gene, BLAST, MeSH, HGNC, KEGG, OMIM, COSMIC etc.
- Understanding of oncology/neuro/biomedical/biomarker data and/or clinical trial data is required.
- Familiar with scientific ontologies and terminologies.
- Experience in Excel and other Microsoft applications.
- Strong communication and global collaboration skills.
- Position is opened to Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents only.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Hands-on industry experience in data curation for pharmaceutical companies.
- Strong peer reviewed publication record.
- Experience in biological interpretation, pathway analysis and disease biology.
- Detail-oriented and well organized.
- Experience working across multiple time zones with executive leadership, scientists, and engineers.
- Basic understanding of AWS, BI tools, SQL etc is an added advantage.